Pierce County Clerk of the Court

Pierce County Clerks Office:

County-City Building
The Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court
930 Tacoma Ave. S., Room #110
Tacoma, WA. 98402
General Information: (253) 798-7455
Phone: (253) 798-7455
Hours of Operation: 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.

How to Place an Order for Pierce County Court Records:

  • Call (206) 651-4545 or send us an e-mail requesting the relevant records.
  • Tell us whether you would like to receive your records via e-mail (.pdf), mailing, or courier.
  • Submit your payment over the telephone or on-line.

Its that easy!

Contact Snohomish County Process Servers

Send messageclear

Helpful Information and Resources

How do I obtain copies of court records?

Case Records Search and Retrieval

Provided that the records you seek are not filed under seal, or otherwise restricted, we can obtain copies of the records that you seek, and send them to you in .pdf or physical form, by way of e-mail, fax, and/or United States Postal Service / Fed Ex / UPS (United Parcel Service). If you have an established account with Fed Ex or UPS, we can use your account number for for payment purposes at the time of shipment.

For more information about our Record Retrieval rates, please visit our record retrieval page which is located here, our fees page located here, or contact us by e-mail or telephone to obtain a quote for your specific request.

How does the Affidavit of Service get filed with the court?

Who files an Affidavit of Service?

After we’ve effectuated service of process for the court, there are three (3) ways in which the Affidavit of Service (also known as a Declaration of Service, Certificate of Service, or a Proof of Service), can be filed with the court.

Firstly, we Clay Matthews Authentic Jersey can send it to you for filing via e-mail, fax, U.S. Mail, or you may pick it up in person at our office. Once you’ve received the Affidavit, you may file it with the Clerk of the Court, or bring it with you on the day of the hearing, whichever is appropriate in your specific situation. Secondly, we can mail it to the Clerk of the Court for a nominal fee of five dollars. Lastly, we can personally deliver and file your Affidavit for you (courier fees will apply ($49.99)).

What if I don't know the case number?

If you are interested in obtaining records from a case that you were a party to, (Plaintiff/Defendant/Petitioner/Respondent/Other Third Party), but are uncertain of your case number, simply contact our office to discuss the matter, and we’ll locate the applicable case, and provide you with the case number.

What is Microfische?

Microfiche is a film that contains numerous photographic images that can only be viewed on a Clay Matthews Jersey special reader/viewer. Most older records (records from the latter part of the twentieth) have been archived using microfiche.

What do I do if I need records from a case that has been archived on microfiche?

If you would like to obtain copies of specific documents filed in an archived case (a decree, order, judgement, etc.), we will need to make a personal visit to the Clerk of the Courts Office, check out the microfiche file maintained by the County, and review it using a reader at their location. The time required to locate and print copies varies, and is dependent upon the staffing levels of the Clerk’s Office, the amount of customers they have at the time of our visit, the time required for the Clerk’s Office to locate and provide us with the correct microfiche film, and the time required to locate the correct case on the microfiche, once we’ve begun the process of viewing the film on the reader system.

If we unable to complete the process within fifteen minutes of arrival, hourly rates will apply, at the rate of fifty-five dollars per hour, billed as one unit.

What if I don't know which court my records are located at?

If you are seeking records Clay Matthews Kids Jersey from a case, but are uncertain of what court the case was filed in, contact our office so that we may review the information Clay Matthews Womens Jersey you do have, conduct the necessary searches, and identify which is the appropriate court to pursue the retrieval of your records at.

Is it possible to obtain copies of Applications for Warrants, Warrants, or other Charging Papers?

Yes. Please contact our office to discuss the particulars of your situation in further detail.

How do I obtain a Self Help Packet to so that I can take legal action without an attorney?

The Pierce County Clerk’s Office may have self-help packets available for purchase. You should contact them directly to inquire as to whether or not they have a packet available for your particular situation.

Snohomish County Process Servers does not provide legal advise, does not sell informational or self help packets, and strongly urges interested persons in seeking proper legal advise from an attorney in their area, researching resources available to them as provided by local and state governments on-line, and taking the time to visit a local Law Library, which is often found a community college or university..

Once you’ve consulted with an attorney or the family law facilitator’s office, and have your legal documentation prepared and are ready to move forward, contact our Clay Matthews Youth Jersey office for assistance in locating the subject of your action, and effectuating service of process upon the opposing party.

Media - I need records ASAP, but I don't know what's been filed or where to begin. What do I do?

We understand the time pressures you’re under. All you need to do is contact us by telephone or e-mail, provide us with as much information as possible, and let us do the rest. Generally, the most informative documents for news story’s will be the initial charging documents from a case (complaint, if a civil matter), any written affidavits or statements by law enforcement or prosecuting attorney, and if there is a final disposition in the matter, then the final order, judgement, or decree. Additionally, you may be interested in written exhibits in a matter, or certain motions and the rulings on the motions, if filed.

Media - Case Research and Document Retrieval Example Request:

A common form of a media request, is as follows:

Request Example: We’re conducting research for a news story/show we’re on Jane Doe. She was charged with murder. We would like to obtain the original charging papers, and any amended charging documents, all statements by law enforcement regarding probable cause, and any exhibits that may be in the form of documents.

We don’t know what all is in the record, so will you please review the case file, pull anything that matches what we requested, and call us if you identify something else of interest.

Clerk's Fee Schedule

Snohomish County Clerk’s Fee Schedule:

(R.C.W. 36.18.012, 014, 018, & 020):

The Clerk’s Office accepts filing fees by cash, cashier’s check money order, credit, and debit cards. All fees must be paid in advance.

If you are requesting an initial filing of a lawsuit, Snohomish County Process Servers requires a check be accompanied with your original legal documentation, and upon filing with the Clerk’s Office, we will obtain a receipt showing that payment was received by your office, or in your own name, if you are a Pro Se party representing yourself.

If you would like to obtain conformed copies, please ensure that you have requested that we do so at the time you place your order, as we will print additional copies of your filing, obtain the conformed copies, and return one to you, and issue the other out for service, if requested.

Legal Holidays

Legal Holidays for the Year 2014

  1. January 1st, 2014, Wednesday (New Years Holiday)
  2. January 20th, 2014, Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
  3. February 17th, 2014, Monday (Presidents Day)
  4. May 26th, 2014, Monday (Memorial Day)
  5. July 4th, 2014, Friday (Independence Day)
  6. September 1st, 2014, Monday (Labor Day)
  7. November 11th, 2014, Tuesday (Veterans Day)
  8. November 27th, 2014, Thursday (Thanksgiving)
  9. November 28th, 2014, Friday (Day after Thanksgiving)
  10. December 25th, 2014, Thursday (Christmas Day)
Please Note: Orders for case research and record retrieval should be made no later than 2 P.M. the day the records are requested.

Map and Directions to the King County Clerk of the Courts Office